The Blue Collar Historian

I'm 34, have a history degree and drive a chip truck for a living... Thank you reality!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

NPR: National "Public" Radio

Ok, I drive a lot for my job and sometimes finding a good radio station can be daunting. Well, one day I happened to come across NPR and have a few questions... For one, who exactly is this "public" they are trying to represent? I for one do not feel represented by the programs or topics on NPR. For example, a while back the President of Venezuela called our President the "devil" while speaking to the United Nations. Hearing the comments of many on NPR one would think the Venezuelan President was a hero for stating what they (NPR) have been saying for six years.

So, I think in all fairness NPR should change its name to NLR or National Liberal Radio. I mean, let's be honest from the get go and not fool everyone by claiming you actually represent the "public." We live in a country headed by a Conservative, with a Congress and Senate both with a majority of Conservatives. This tells me a majority of America is Conservative. If this were not so our President would be a Democrat along with the Congress and Senate. Thus, NPR does not actually represent the "public," but a small minority of liberal intellectuals hell bent on espousing liberal propaganda in the hopes of influencing the "public" by appearing objective and singing the praises of someone who shames not only our country, but the general world "public" as well.

Wait, wait, I just thought of something. Why not keep NPR and in place of "public" with the word "propaganda." I'm a nice guy and wouldn't want to put too heavy a burden on a publicly funded organization to have to change every sign, logo, and letter head. In my opinion this would truly represent the views of NPR and yet save NPR a lot of money in having to change its initials.

Till next time.

BCH.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it should be National Public Radio since now both houses of Congress are led by a majority of liberals. HA HA.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home